Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: trailering enclosed trailer

Default Re: trailering enclosed trailer

Paul,

If I were going to spec a new Kitfox, Just, Avid, Aerotrk enclosed trailer I would definitly talk with Mark Sorenson, whose brochure you posted. He has done a bunch of plane trailers for folks including tall and very wide trailers for Just Super STOLS.

Mark (located in Georgia) has had 8'9" trailers built for customers also and if they have thin wall studs, (I would try to get 1" or 1 1/4 inch studs), plus gussets at the junction of side walls studs and roof structural cross members to prevent wracking and weld cracks I think the width would be fine for loading and unloading plus might not look quite as wide as a 9 foot wide trailer.

Aerotrek deals with a plane trailer shop in Indiana that might be worth talking to as well, for someone interested inb buying a folding wing plane trailer.

Thanks for the photo by the way

BJ

For Mark Sorenson try googling Captain Mark Sorenson, Aircraft Custom TRailers or maybe ARISING Trlailers and ask the manufacturer for Mark's phone number. He also does air shows but I don't recall the business name for those.

Google Aerotrek and ask them for the name of the aircraft trailer shop in Indiana that they use.

I think John and Debra McBean at Kitfox have also used Sorenson so they may have his contact info.

If anyone is interested, send me a Private Message. I can send you a PDF of their Flyer with Contact Info. He has got all kinds of Options widths, lengths, lights, Air Conditioner, etc
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas