Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mgl v6

Default Re: Mgl v6

I had that problem with my model 2 Lowell,,it turned out to be a connection,,I cleaned them all in the process of trying to find the source,..even replaced my PTT ,, it was eliminated after I was done, I didn't do it one connection at a time and test,..I just did them all since I was into it,I had also added a .500 capacitor to reduce static
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I too had 'engine-noise'. I made sure the VOX was OF, and made the VOGAD some less sensitive (factory VOGAD MED2). From that moment on no comments - or people just are too polite...;-))

Thanks for the notes. I don't think it is a wiring issue as I can cover the mocrophone with my hand and the noise stops as it does as I reduce airspeed. I was thinking it was the settings on the radio that were the issue. I set the microphone sensitivity to the noisy invironmemt setting and will test that Monday. It just was not an issue with the V-10 nor the Bendix King I had in my first airplane.

The question also was prompted by a freind who has the V-6 and doesn't like it because of the microphone sensitivity. He also has the Flightline FL-760 in another airplane and seems to prefer it because of the microphone sensitivity issue.

I guess I am somewhat revealing my age, but I really don't like all the gimmicks and gadgets on all the new stuff. Example - I went to Sun N Fun last year and met up with four other guys there. Two of us shared one Motel room and the other three shared another. On leaving for the airport the morning of our last day, the guys in the other room found thier car's engine running when they went out to load their luggage. Apparently the keyless "gimmick" the driver had in his pocket was close enough to the car - parked in front of their ground floor room - that the car ran all night after we returned from dinner the night before. We guessed the driver forgot to push the stop engine button on the remote after leaving the car. I sure like keys, though we did learn a little bit about fuel consumption at idle.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Got the V6 radio installed today. Still have to finish up the wiring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

Sweet !! Cant wait to hear it on the airways
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack