Good morning,

Our kitfox, series 7, W/912ULS, is set up with two separate electrical systems with a cross tie. (Two alternators, two busses, two batteries). The primary system feeds the radios, the aux system feeds the high draw stuff - we have the standard strobes/position lights and halogen landing/taxi lights so it pulls amps.

Since the system permits running anything electrical, including the starter, on either or both systems, I decided to use the traditional Odyssey PC680 for the primary side because of its recognized reliability; and, try a low cost equivalent gel cell for the aux system - since, if it pooped - it would not be an operational problem anyway.

The Odyssey PC680 on the primary side has worked out perfectly (currently it is 2 years old).

The bargain battery I installed on the aux system, a bit over a year old now, sold under the brand "Werker" model WKA12-18NB at "Batteries minus", gradually lost its ability to take and hold a charge at all. FYI - the system was constantly checked and monitored to know that the remainder of the system, other than the battery, was operating correctly.

As it worked out - I installed a new Odyssey PC680 after removing the brand X unit for the aux system. The brand X unit was pretty much a waste of time and money,

The brand X unit, of course, was handcrafted in the far east by skilled artisans in china. I think it is also a fair statement that the little "ISO 9001" logo on the side of the battery is a step beyond meaningless - it is misleading, but, then, I may be unfairly judging the significance of the "ISO 9001" notation - it may only apply to the box the battery came in - not the guts of the battery itself. (don't get me going on quality systems that companies brag about but don't apply in practice - I deal with that in my day job all the time).

Anyway - if there is a contest between these two batteries, it is no contest - the Odyssey wins - costs a bit more, but then, sometimes the other guys who sell for less might know know what their stuff is worth.....

Sincerely,

Dave S
Kitfox & Trigear
912ULS/Warp
St Paul, Minnesnowta