Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Carb HEATER kit

Default Carb HEATER kit

I posted about a carb icing situation that occured in my Rotax 912 UL dual bing carb engine. The conclusion was rotaxes with the carb heat box upgrade that provides cooled air from on top of the motor and carb heat off the exhaust is more susceptible to carb icing over the air filter that are directly attached to the carbs pulling warmer air off the back of the firewall area.

My question is has anyone used or have experience with the carb HEATER kit i linked bellow (this is a different product that the carb heat box)?

This bolts directly to your bing carb between the rubber boot and the carb. It draws coolant into a metal block that then transfer heat into your carb housing. Makes the metal warm. The idea is that you loose no engine performance cause you're not changing your air temperature but not allowing for any ice to form cause the carb metal surface will be above freezing.

https://www.cps-parts.com/catalog/rtxpages/15-05919.php

Default Re: Carb HEATER kit

My friend has one on his. He didn’t install it as it came with the plane. Works well for him.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Hi Guys
    I installed these manifolds on my 912UL when imported to Canada 700 hours ago. They seem to be effective as I have never had an icing problem (that I am aware off). They are press fitted to the carbs and do move the carbs back about an inch.No issues with connection leaks. Good insurance.
    Cheers
    Don C-FOXK Vixen 912UL IVO IFA.

I don't have room to go back any closer the the firewall. the model four is pretty tight back there. The advertising that there is no performance penalty is appealing.