Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 34 of 119 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Beautifull scenery out in Alberta there, Great place to fly no doubt.
    My recently aquired CF-RGQ Kitfox IV on floats here in the Southern Georgian Bay area, where I live. Plenty of places to explore yet, Can't wait to get her on the skiis and continue living my dream in this nice little airplane.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great photos guys.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Are the Photos anywhere near Midland, Ontario? I visited one of my Companies Sites at Midland on January 3rd to work out some manufacturing issues. Damned it was Cold. It had a record snowfall the weak I visited.

On a subsequent visit to the Raytheon Plant, I got a Dinner Cruise on the Georgian Bay, we got to see the Space Station Fly over as we were cruising the bay. It is definitely a beautiful area from the sky, or from the water! Definitely a highlight of my many trips to Canada, and I got to resolved a persistent manufacturing problems as well.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Yes very close to Midland, if I drive, 30 min, if I fly 5 min, as soon as I am 500'AGL I can see Midland Bay from my place, Boating is awsom in the area, I,ve seen large cabin cruizers from Texas come through here, as I am near the gateway Lock to what they call the Trent-Severn Lock waterway system.

As a sidebar note, not very well known, Orville Wright spent his summers on Georgian Bay for many many years, as he bought an Island called Lambert Isl. only about 10NM North of me. Appharently he would take the train all the way from Dayton Ohio, to Midland where he kept his big boat the "Kittyhawk" and then boat to his secluded Island... The owner of the Music store in Midland wrote a book about it all, and he also restored the Kittyhawk and I see it every year at the local boat show and shine,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Took a 35 min flight from Portland to Nehalem State Park today.
    20141230_105608.jpg

Tied down at Nehalem bay.
    20141230_110551.jpg

Pacific ocean on my way home
    20141230_142705.jpg
    beautiful day to fly the fun machine.

Scott

Three Cascade peaks- Ranier, St Helens, Mt Adams.
    20141230_143755.jpg

Nice photos Scott. What kind of camera you using? Are the pics shot thru the plex doors or was the camera outside?
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

My Samsung S5 does a nice job through the plexiglass. It was way too cold to fly with the doors open. 17 degrees at 5500. Are you done with your condition inspection yet Jim?

Not yet. I got her all disassembled but now the weather is so cold I am too wimpy to work in the unheated hangar. Waiting for a little warmer weather to continue.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Last Sat. morning our group of 5 aircraft departed Indian Hills Airpark for Wayside cafe just before sun up. About a 30 minute flight. Video is a little shorter I think. It was about 47 degrees on takeoff. Great breakfast. Good company. Ride along if you like. Video flight to Wayside.
    Probably the most interesting/important photo is the last one. This is a photo of Gen. Patton's training camp area in S.W. Arizona. Those seemingly unimportant tracks in the photo were placed there by early WW2 tank crews training in the desert of Arizona before being shipped off to fight the Germans in Italy and Africa. The tracks are still easily visible from the 1940's training tanks the guys used at the camp. I would imagine that the majority of the guys that left these marks on the desert so many decades ago were killed overseas in combat. These tracks maybe the only things they left behind. A special place.

Aircraft:
    1. Kitfox model 4
    2. Citabria
    3. Super Cub
    4. Zenith 601
    5. Rans S7

2nd group was:
    1. Cessna 170
    2. Commonwealth
    2. Highlander
    3. Wittman Buttercup
    4. Cessna 172

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Looks like a nice flight. You got some dirt on those tires, too. Breakfast flights are the best!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos