Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Desser Smooth Tundra Tire

Default Re: Desser Smooth Tundra Tire

I don't know Larry, I thought that too, took me a lot of time to finally pull the trigger on the aeroclassics I now have. but I tell ya, it makes it look badass, ha, I know, looks. It also lands so nice off field with the bigger tires. I also have to say, I only lost 1kts with the bigger tires. Very happy with them, also with the bigger tires I could go to the T3 and the 8inch matco tail wheel. now it's properly aligned and really looks good now. I know what you are thinking, a white airplane that looks good, yaya, I know, that is for another reason, the white. I'm not marked. haha
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

I don't disagree in the slightest on how they look. My plane looks awesome on 26" Airstreaks. The only reason I know this is because I got a killer deal on a set that were completely worn out.

I did the Herculiner thing for a year, now I'm going to do the Flexane coating for next year.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

My tires are so slippery on wet grass and snow I’m wonderIng if I did the flexane if I could sprinkle some “grit” on the wet material....
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    ...about quality problems (out of round, heavy spots, etc.) with the Nanco's.
    Dont know about others experiences, but since my flying has been rather sporadic the past couple of years, I have found that the Nancos will establish a "set" - flat spot - after sitting a while in one position that dissipates in time. Sadly, if I were to be starting the Kitfox thing today with all the big $$s being mentioned - like the $400s vs. $40s for tires I would still be tinkering with classic cars.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Just for the record: the Desser 22"/850x6 Aeroclassic smooth tundra tires are $283 each, not $400-500. This is a huge price reduction compared to the Alaska Bushwheels at $1200+ each.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

the 27.5 x8 tire is about 500ea. the 22 are less. I think that's where the 500 came from. but still much better than the Alaska bush tire. I went for a flight yesterday and it is nice to take off and not have to hit the brakes to stop the tires after take off. I use to with the nanco 21's. of course the plane would go all over the place hitting the brakes. all I could think of is, what are people thinking when I did it. he must be a bad pilot to be going kitty wampus on take off. at least that's what I was thinking.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

I just got off the phone with Matco today. They claim there is a brand new 850 tire out from desser that is a tubeless version. This NOT the one everyone has been using tubeless. This is a purpose built 22"×850 smooth tubeless tire. its 13lbs so a little more weight than the tubed.

I cant find the link on the website but matco says these are the new ones they're going to be selling over the old tubed. The guy at matco said they must have gone up in the last week.

I'll let you all know how they run.

Yes desser tire does offer the aero classic 8.50-6 tire in a tubeless version. I ran them for 7 months on my plane and they worked great. With the matco wheel and tubeless kit (valve stem & o-ring), I never experienced any leaking or slippage even down to 8psi on pavement.

If it wasn't for getting a couple worn out ABW 26" for an incredible deal- FREE, I would still be using the Aeroclassic's

Part Number from desser is- AA4K3, cost was $268 per tire.
    2011 Kitfox IV
    Jabiru 2200
    Prince prop

Does Desser even comprehend how cumbersome their website is to use? Or am I the only one?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I partially gave up on trying to use the website. I also gave up on calling them. The guy on the other side of the phone seemed annoyed I was asking questions.

I found the tires (Using google)

https://www.desser.com/pc_product_de...8B8B08CFC38EC8