Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Training and Insurance Qualifications.

Default Kitfox Training and Insurance Qualifications.

Very often we see the same question posed on TeamKitfox.com. Where can I get Kitfox specific training or the big one, where can I get 10 hours of training in a Kitfox like I bought or built for insurance company requirements?
    The very best flight school in the U.S.A. and dare I say the World is located in Idaho only a couple minutes from the Kitfox Aircraft Factory.

Stick & Rudder Aviation is the premier Kitfox specific training school. They are also a supporting sponsor of TeamKitfox.com. Their website is easily found by clicking on their TeamKitfox.com advert on the left side of every page you visit while on these forums.

Stick & Rudder has attracted pilots from all over the United States and many countries around the world for in depth and enjoyable Kitfox specific training in one of the most scenic locations this planet has to offer. No wonder so many folks make the investment to train with Paul Leadabrand and Stick & Rudder Aviation.

Take a moment to watch or rewatch this video and see why Old school is Still cool when it comes to flight training.
    Thanks Paul for supporting our website and for providing our members with the very best training available anywhere.

Old school is Still cool.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Kitfox Training and Insurance Qualifications.

Well put, DF4. I have not been through Stick and Rudder yet. That being said, choosing them is not even up for debate in my mind. A couple of emails and a phone conversation with Paul was all I needed to know that S&R is something pretty darn special. Of course, I have the luxury of them being an easy days drive away from me. Still, I have yet to hear of anything truly comparable being offered anywhere else. At least nothing with the word of mouth reputation that Paul and his team have earned.

I just completed 10 hours with a CFI in Ellenville NY. Fly with Kate is the name of her business and I would highly recommend her.

I flew with Paul for the necessary BFR sign off before flying my newly finished Model IV. What I liked best and will forever remember is the sit down before the flying started. It was all about me and what I wanted to focus on - Typical non towered airports, improved, but not necessarily paved strips - short field, that sort of stuff. I never felt that he was trying to enhance the training for "His" benefit. Would I recommend him to a friend? Without hesitation!
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HighWing View Post
    I flew with Paul for the necessary BFR sign off before flying my newly finished Model IV. What I liked best and will forever remember is the sit down before the flying started. It was all about me and what I wanted to focus on - Typical non towered airports, improved, but not necessarily paved strips - short field, that sort of stuff. I never felt that he was trying to enhance the training for "His" benefit. Would I recommend him to a friend? Without hesitation!
    Absolutely concur with you Lowell.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Did Kitfox familiarisation training plus a bit of back country flying with Paul this last July. I concur with everything DF4 has said, and then some. Paul made my intro to the KF a really good experience. Highly recommend S&R for anything Kitfox flying related.
    David
    SS7 Builder

So what does 10 hrs of 'fox time cost at S&R??
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

I don't want to sound snarky... but, if you go to Stick & Rudder's website, by clicking the ad right next to this post, you will be able to see their pricing.

Ralph

I wanted to go with stick and rudder, but I called in June and had nothing till November...

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    I wanted to go with stick and rudder, but I called in June and had nothing till November...
    That is the downside of going with the best in the business. Theyhave no shortage of business. Also, in November, the backcountry isn't an option.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS