Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New Member Introduction

Default New Member Introduction

Members, I found this nice introduction languishing in Larry's Visitor messages on his userpage. Happens more than you might think. I asked Larry if I could help him post it here so he can join in on the fun. Welcome Larry and I hope you enjoy the forums and all the great expertise our members generously share daily. Congrats on placing your order Larry for the funnest flying aircraft available.

Steve
    DesertFox4
    Admin

AV@OR
    "Hello out there and Kit Fox land. My name is Larry Spear and have recently placed my order for the S7 speedster. Looking forward to my first time build. I’m sure I’ll be looking for advice from those experienced Kitfox builders. Just completed a two day EAA workshop on fabric covering ( poly fiber) which enhanced my confidence. Hoping to take delivery in mid-March.... organizing my shop and ordering tools that I may need during the build. Since I am retired from the airlines, I Should be able to work on it pretty much, full-time. Did the test hop with my son back in August at Stick & Rudder Aviation. Also did the factory tour with John Mcbean, who Recently sent me the kit fox assembly manual...looks like I have my work cut out for me even though I did order the quick build wing. Looking forward to chatting with you Kitfox builders out there! stay safe,
    Larry"

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: New Member Introduction

Welcome Aboard Larry. Your going to love your retirement! Start reading the builders tips thread.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Welcome Larry - I've been working on mine since the end of April and have really enjoyed getting to know the folks on this site and have gleaned a lot from their writings; I'm sure you will too. Please keep us posted as to your progress - AND - don't be bashful with questions.

Hi Larry,

I'm a little over two years into my build with the now standard, "Oh, about six months to go" answer. The project starts off a little slow, with reaming the bearing sleeves on the tail feathers. Things get more interesting fairly quickly with the rudder pedal assembly. It's a great project and you're surely enjoy yourself.

Looking forward to following your progress.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Oh yes, 90% done 90% to go is a real thing that you can joke about but until you experience it, you have no idea how true it is.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3