Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotec r3600 radial

Default Re: Rotec r3600 radial

Form over function..... Why not have both?

1500'/min climb, 110MPH at 20" engine.

Perhaps I'm an odd ball, but If I cant have it like this. I'd rather do something else.

See here: https://youtu.be/vVn4b49KWPs?t=19s

I’m with you Paul! If you want to be like everyone else, get an Vans or certified. The interesting ones are the ground breakers!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
    Talking with the Kitfox guys, the Titan was too heavy and made the plane less fun to fly than a Rotax.
    Not really true... The Kitfox is ALWAYS fun to fly. The Titan was certainly heavier and that extra weight is noticed. The Radial was heavier as well..
    But I would fly either to Oshkosh and back.. oh wait.. I did.😜

While I personally prefer the Rotax.. it is not for everyone. The Titan or the Radial are good choices.

The 3600 is currently being installed in 2 Kitfox's
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

How come some people don't use this forum? You know how many people are interested in something like an r3600 installation. Man I wish whoever is doing that was sharing it here.
    Im enjoying my build so much that I even consider another SS7 kit just to build it old school with a radial. Like the guy at Rotec. Man, I salivate every time I come across that video.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Does anyone have a rotec project going with a kitfox? I would love to see some pictures if anyone has some. I have a brand new r3600 that was planned for a Van's rv6 but I think a kitfox would be a better home for my engine.

Scott Louis

I read this thread really fast so I might have missed it but the one point that I don't think was mentioned, and pushed me over the edge to the tried and true Rotax, was the fact that Rotec doesn't have direct representation in the States. (I.e., a factory rep) That means (most likely) when you get parts, new or replacements, is an unknown and you will be carrying the freight charges from Australia all by your little own self. Just one more factor to weigh when making your decision.

I was seriously considering converting from my 912ul to the rotec until I saw this video.

https://youtu.be/ZIjh4o9QjtY

Looks like only a year ago. Maybe he just had multiple bad experiences.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    I read this thread really fast so I might have missed it but the one point that I don't think was mentioned, and pushed me over the edge to the tried and true Rotax, was the fact that Rotec doesn't have direct representation in the States. (I.e., a factory rep) That means (most likely) when you get parts, new or replacements, is an unknown and you will be carrying the freight charges from Australia all by your little own self. Just one more factor to weigh when making your decision.
    Your exactly right!
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by bogmonster View Post
    I was seriously considering converting from my 912ul to the rotec until I saw this video.

https://youtu.be/ZIjh4o9QjtY

Looks like only a year ago. Maybe he just had multiple bad experiences.

Mike
    Always two sides to every story! If you look at the facts Rotec have been building radials since 1998 and have 4,320 units in service. We just received our 20 year EAA recognition of attending Oshkosh.
    So I figure we must be doing something right?

Most if not all Rotec engines are fitted to experimental home builts, we cant control the application nor the competency of the end user which range from genius to something lesser

Below are some previous forum links to pics of my own Kitfox, I'm so in love with this machine I doubt it will ever leave my side! I recently knocked back an offer $80,000. I will never sell it.

have fun stay safe.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...ght=Mini+coupe

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...ght=Mini+coupe

Quote Originally Posted by paulc View Post
    Form over function..... Why not have both?

1500'/min climb, 110MPH at 20" engine.

Perhaps I'm an odd ball, but If I cant have it like this. I'd rather do something else.

See here: https://youtu.be/vVn4b49KWPs?t=19s
    I don't understand what you are trying to boast about here. I did a bit better than that the other day with my rotax 912uls. I know for a fact I got 1800 and my full out is 101kts which is like 116mph correct me if I'm wrong on that one. I have a light plane and she is a nice runner and that's with 27.5 mains
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop