Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Desser Smooth Tundra Tire

Default Re: Desser Smooth Tundra Tire

We try and keep them in stock.. They are working out well.. $500 Tires and Tubes. Sorry, Desser had a price increase... $550.00 Tires and Tubes
    Last edited by jdmcbean; 01-26-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

I got mine from Kitfox, aka John & Debby McBean when I did my conversion to a Tail Dragger.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hello everybody,

I have a kitfoxIII with 8" Douglas ATV tires and Matco brakes.
    I've been told those 27" dessers tires would fit on my rims and even I could improve the braking with double caliper kit from

My question/concern is about the axles. I use the bungee gear with standard 3/4 axles, do you thing they will be strong enought for this bigger wheel? Any of you is using big tires with those axles? Any other problems I am not considering If I go for those 27" tires?

Jorge

I can say from personal experience that the 22" smoothies are very robust and can take a lot of abuse. They have stood up very well to my bounces. If the 27's are anything like the 22's then they'll be awesome.

I love my 22" Dessers. Love is a strong term and I stand by that!
    Kitfox IV - 1200 (1994) #1830
    Rotax 912
    Grove Gear, Wheels, Brakes
    22" Desser Tundra Tires

Any updates from guys using these tires? I am interested in both the 22" (8.50 smooth) and the 27". Currently have 29" AkBushwheels but am wanting to reduce my EW and be able to gain a bit of speed along with more asphault friendly. The cost of the Airstreaks at just under $3K, every landing has a dollar amount with the bit of rubber scrapped off everytime I touch anything other than grass.

Maybe I'll start another thread.

Over 500 hours on a set of 850 Desser smoothies. 90% grass ops. Very little wear on the outside edges only. I'm flying a Model 7SS Rotax 912 with Airmaster prop. These tires will allow a 139mph cruise (demonstrated this yesterday with 2 people and full fuel). Two days ago I flew a 3.1 hour round trip through the Columbia Gorge averaging 115mph with a burn of just a little over 3 GPH! A little off the subject of tires but I had to mention it. Incidentally, I've installed a Hacman mixture control as well. I wouldn't change a thing.

Here's the 850's. First time in snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dessers over the Cascade Range. Can you see the small building on the peak below?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Floog, That is awesome numbers! Just the kind of reply I am looking for.

Question, the Airmaster, are thos WhirlWind blades? I have a couple of WhirlWind props but the ground adjustable type.

I am seriously thinking of selling my 172 and a few other things I have laying around and getting either a RANS S-20 or the Kitfox SS7. I really do like both planes with the big advantage I see, is the ability to fold the wings on KF.

Those are Whirlwind blades. Another thing I like about the KitFox is the side by side seats. Can be warmer in the winter...