Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Toured Kitfox Factory Today

Default Toured Kitfox Factory Today

I showed up unannounced today, New Years, about 10 or so, and---surprise---I couldn't get in. I meant to arrive 1/2, but I was a little ahead of my schedule. Hard to arrive right on time from L.A.

Called big John in hemet...ideas, info...

Left message on phone at Kitfox. Emailed them.

Then John McBean called me on phone and said sure, he'd give me a tour, and he did, New Years Day and all. No problem!

I saw the secret codes, the exploding cigarettes, the ejection seats, the little machine gun headlights... Oh, no!!! Sorry. That's James Bond.

Okay. No, I remember now---

Well! It was a big facility!

Okay. At Kitfox, I saw the hangars, planes, etc., where things are made, sat in one, and learned a lot. I was very impressed. Well thought out operation. Good go. And the S7 does seem to meet my needs. Great looking place and planes.

I only asked half my thousand questions, and I didn't ask to go up, because I was feeling a little guilty taking up his time on a holiday, but John was very gracious and patent with me. Seeing the place made a good foundation for future calls I'm sure I'll make.

I was very impressed with the place. And that guy "Q" was awesome, and his engineering!

(It occurs, somewhere deep, in the back of Jen's zombie-mind, that---maybe---?? But, no. Couldn't be. The thought is dismissed. But I mean there was "Little Nellie"---?)

Sleep. It's been a long drive.

But I am thankful for the tour and on this holiday at that. I am truly impressed with the planes, the factory, and John. Thank you, John.

And for what it's worth, I wouldn't have been surprised to find a gadget scout there from the Broccoli family. The plane could do some great stuff in a film.

Ciao

Sleepy Jen
    iPad

Default Re: Toured Kitfox Factory Today

Awesome report, good laugh too
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Hey Jen, glad you enjoyed the tour! McBean is the man...no one can ever question his dedication! However I am disappointed as I was looking forward to meeting you in the wing shop tomorrow. At least you got see where all the magic happens. Have safe trip home!!!
    Brandon

Very nice story, thanks for sharing. The S7 Kitfox is a gorgious airplane and a great performer. I have always had good cust support from Kitfox even having a older model.