Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Darrel, I like your piano hinge idea for the panel. Am looking at hinging mine even though I have a removable boot cowl.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Thanks David - Mine's removable as well (round cowl) but I wanted more options - not to mention a way to slow down the build. My hope is to be able to get to and see everything really easily. We'll see.
    Last edited by Delta Whisky; 03-23-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added comment

I just purchased this Kitfox 4 1200 build which is about 95%+ complete, stored in climate controlled hangar since '94. The dirty part of the build is done, and the panel is as shown in the photo. I have not even begun to ascertain the function of each toggle switch, but this is what I have to start with. Subaru power and 3 blade Warp Drive prop, the build and finish of this aircraft are beautiful so far.

DSC_0569.jpg

I am looking for suggestions as to how to complete this panel with current generation avionics without starting over. A complete nav/comm solution utilizing the existing real estate.

I will be attending Sun-N-Fun next week searching for good show discounts. All you experienced builders out there, if this was YOUR panel, how would you proceed ?
    Scot Trueblood
    Bonita Springs, FL

Kitfox IV in Phase 1 Flight Testing

If it was me, I’d leave the panel as is, take the money I was going to spend on it, and get rid of the Subaru.

GRT EIS is probably the best bang for the engine monitoring buck and in the future you could add a horizon sport EFIS to it
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Is there any reason other than esthetics to go with the black rocker switches as opposed to the stick toggles that come with the FF kit? I was surprised to see these supplied considering how many people end up with the black ones.

I agree with Josh.....stick with the switches and dump the Subaru. 😕😕😕
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    My awesome wife used her photo shop skills and made me some labels today.
    any idea what the name of that font is?

Other than aesthetics, nope.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRuscito View Post
    Is there any reason other than esthetics to go with the black rocker switches as opposed to the stick toggles that come with the FF kit? I was surprised to see these supplied considering how many people end up with the black ones.

Joe - I haven't come across the stick toggles you're referring to yet but if you're referring to the standard toggle type - I switched to black rocker due to the thought, right or wrong, of reducing head impact damage (HID) in the event of an accident. HID testing is something that has to be considered when certifying aircraft and what I learned in observing that process left a pretty strong impression.

Tell me more! I originally was thinking the flatter black rocker just because it looks a bit cleaner and was surprised the FF kit came with the standard metal toggles considering a lot of the factory planes have the black rockers.