Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

You should confirm that it's necessary before you remove yours, Eddie. I've got the old one too, and I haven't talked to my DAR about it yet. Someone supposedly knowledgeable about it told me mine would have to be replaced.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Finally got may panel and console labeled (placards from a local mom & pop shop that John Evens put me onto). Day VFR; Dynon everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Very nice. I love those radios. I really like the way you did the fabric on the center console slots. May have to copy you. Can you educate us on the USB port and the ports just below that? I would like to wire in the USB too.
    Eddie

Beautiful! I'm jealous

Thanks guys.
    Eddie, that is leather (from Tandy Leather) on the center console (and also the glare shield). I have tasked my wife with designing the seats, and plan to use some of the same leather for trim there as well.
    The "data only" USB port is an extension cable made by DataPro (#1698-02C) (probably found it on Amazon, but do not recall for sure) and it ties into the back of my Dynon EFIS.
    The lower dual USB charging ports are actually a single device from commitlift.com (the owner gave a good seminar on USB charging at OSH this year).
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear

I started following this thread months ago and am thrilled to add my "almost finished" panel. Completing this phase of the project is a real milestone.

The blank area on the right will eventually have a RAM Mount for a 10" iPad. A traditional "in panel" mount was going to be a very tight fit for this size iPad. The RAM Mount lets the iPad be swiveled for better viewing or to remove glare. There will be plenty of air circulation so overheating shouldn't be a problem. And the iPad can be quickly removed from the spring loaded cable. I'll wait till the glare shield is in place to decide exactly where to drill the four holes for the mount.

Switches, breakers, grips are from Kitfox. Garmin components are from SteinAir. CAV13 Rotax 912iS status monitor is from Cambridge Avionics. Labels made with a Brother P-Touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Looking good Carl. Your labels turned out really nice. I can't help but notice from this and your First Build a Shed posts, that you have a lot less wiring coming through under the console with your Garmin than I do with my Dynon setup.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear

looks good

Looking great Carl. You are going to like the G3X.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I'm curious Carl, what is the point of taking up panel space for an iPad? Surely your Garmin screen has anything the iPad has plus more, and it is fully aircraft quality and easily read in bright sunlight. If the iPad is just a backup, why not keep it in the baggage compartment and use that panel space for a nice glovebox.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS