Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: September 11th, 2018

Default September 11th, 2018

Seventeen years. Where does the time go?
    I remember driving to the shop to work on my model 4 project the next day and noticing how errie it was not having any air traffic overhead in Phoenix but for the occassional Police or Sheriff’s helicopter or the afterburners on the scrambling F-16’s from Luke AirForce base. We were witnessing an unprecedented interuption in air commerce and aviation freedom. To know that if you flew, you would be shot down is not a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    I won’t be able to fly tomorrow, but I hope some of you can and will excersize your aviation freedoms tomorrow and pay tribute to the joy of aviation and remember when we lost that freedom, even though thankfully, for only a breif duration.
    Below are some quotes from folks that were much affected by the attack on
    9-11-2001. Remember, live your life, be thankful seems to be a few of the reoccurring messages expressed so eloquently below.

Genelle Guzman-McMillan, 9/11 survivor
    "On September 11 I always take the day off. I want to be in a peaceful quiet place praying. It is a day I both mourn and celebrate."

Brian Clark, 9/11 survivor
    "I give speeches around the country. I tell how Stanley and I made our way out of the tower. Life is precious, I tell them. It can be gone in an instant."

Michael Hingson, 9/11 survivor
    "I may never know the answers to the questions that plagued me after 9/11. But I know if we lean on God and each other we will be guided to a better, brighter future."

Jeff Parness, founder of New York Says Thank You
    "When Americans lend a hand to one another, nothing is impossible. We’re not about what happened on 9/11. We’re about what happened on 9/12."

Stanley Praimnath, 9/11 survivor
    "I still have the shoes I wore to work that day. The soles are melted and they’re caked in ash. I keep them in a shoebox with the word “deliverance” written all around it. They’re kind of like my ark, a reminder of God’s presence and the life I owe to him."

77A10B95-AC45-4919-A474-14377F50989B.jpeg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: September 11th, 2018

Thank you so very much for that, Steve.

I'll be flying tomorrow.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thanks Steve, well received.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Well said! I will be in the air tomorrow!!

Thanks, man.