Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox of the Month March 2012 Vincent Ruchet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kitfox of the Month March 2012 Vincent Ruchet

A mail from Switzerland, then sorry for my basic English.
    I already finish my Kitfox 4 since few month then I would like to share my project for your KOTM...

My name is: Vincent Ruchet, my "TeamKitfox" login is: vruchet My city is: Villy sous Ollon / Switzerland My Kitfox is: Model 4, 1050 Speedster n°1587 My engine and propeller is: Rotax 912 UL with Arplast 175 DWAP 62/3 Project started in 2002 until juillet 2011
    Vincent 1.jpg

It was a long and not really easy project, first because I bought my kit of second hand and incomplete, second because all its always complicated in Swiss, third i was alone in the project...

I made a small website : www.HBYLN.com to share my construction, but it still in French at this time im sorry... I will translate soon...
    Vincent 2.jpg

Today I flew only 35hours. And she (it) still in "testing program". But its always an incredible moment when I fly with... The flight characteristics are very good: 90Kts with 5200Rpm ... Like you know, usually the Kitfox4 is really differing, but during the construction I decide to upgrade it to Speedster modele... Same for the cockpit, I took as a starting point the model 5 and i used carbon fibre for central console etc...
    Vincent 5 Interior.jpg
    Vincent 4 panel.jpg

For the engine, i installed water and oil thermostat. And inside the cockpit I put a big radiator heater (great for winter in Swiss). My wife made for me a new seat, the original was not comfortable (I am tall )... And finally to won
    4 Kilograms, I replaced the original battery with Lithium Polymer Fe accumulator and its really nice to start during winter!
    Vincent 3.jpgVincent 6 door.jpgVincent 8 tail.jpgVincent 9 tail wheel.jpgVincent 10 tail.jpgVincent 7 wingtip.jpg

OK I hope you will receive all my pics, and again thanks for your website !!!
    Its very interesting to know the Kitfox community.......

My best regards from Switzerland.. Vincent
    Vincent 12.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Kitfox of the Month March 2012 Vincent Ruchet

Well folks, it's been quite a while since I've received a KOTM submission. If patience has it's rewards then we've been well rewarded with Vincent's model 4 for March 2012.

Congratulations Vincent on a fantastic Kitfox build. The workmanship is exquisite throughout.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Nice, very nice! Your aircraft looks great. Enjoy your flying.

Dick B

Vincent, very nice work . A 1050 speedster, interesting . I am wondering about the speedster tail , did your airframe come with the large tail? I have sn 1563 and it's a 1050 with the small tail
    Looks like fun flying where you are .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Hello Chuck.
    My Kitfox 1587 come with the small tail. I modify to have a serie 5 look... but it was a bit looooong work. For me its easy, bcos a good friend have a serie 5, then i spy and made ... Regards from Switzerland Vincent
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vincent,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful airplane with us. I begin building my SS7 next month and have printed a picture of your airplane to hang in my shop so that I will never become satisfied with good enough. Your workmanship is the best!
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Vincent,
    I had to come back and view your photographs a second time, they're so nice. You have paid beautiful attention to detail everywhere on the ship. You must be very proud of your workmanship.

I only hope that my next project comes close the the kind of work you've done.

-- Paul S

hello Paul... Thanks for your nice words
    My Kitfox its a bit my love story... But my wife must not know that
    And im sure your plane will be beautiful....

Thanks again,Vincent

Hello dear Kitfox builders. Since three years, i have new pictures to share.

A Kitfox in very high altitude. This day, i flew at 16'000ft and the cow start to fly with me... Yesss