Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 912ul carburator

Smile Re: 912ul carburator

The purge was easier than I expected. removed lower plugs, hand propped 20 blades and showed 20 psi (had to remember to turn master on for the electric gauge to work)
    Ran the engine until oil temp reached 120, psi started at 60 and after warming steadied at 40. too easy to not do upon oil change or other removal of oil from system. will be SOP.
    after running the engine and sitting in it I am anxious to get the wing done and both painted. Need to get started on the paper work.
    Bud
    IV Speedster
    912 UL
    IVO ground adjustable

Default Re: 912ul carburator

When I was in the trucking industry 20 yeas ago this was standard practice as any air had to go somewhere, removing injectors wasn't an option.Most diesels will start on first compression so there was a brief moment when the engine was running with no pressure feed.There were certain models of cummins that would supposedly loose prime and do damage .
    Maybe it isn't a big deal anymore as some manufacturers insist on mounting filters upside down which makes filter changes even more messy and pre filling impossible.
    I consider it still good practice and on a rotax virtually eliminating all air is only a good thing
    Cheers
    Dusty