Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: I'm confused, which is nothing new. Wing Twist

Default I'm confused, which is nothing new. Wing Twist

20171022_211520.jpg

Per the drawing, a 1/2 block is inserted under the rear spar, which would put a twist resulting in a lower angle of incidence at the tip (washout) which is the way it should be.........right? The trouble is, a page or two later, it says we're building the wing upside down, and reference the above drawing. If that's the case, and the above drawing is showing the wing upside down, then the incidence at the tip would be greater instead of less then the root..............or am I missing something here...........been working all day, so maybe I'm not catching something that is obvious........been there, done that before.
    Thanks
    Brian
    PS, I'm having to build the wing, right side up, due to the top stringer being in the way to lay the outboard spars level on the saw horse.

Default Re: I'm confused, which is nothing new. Wing Twist

Hi Brian,

Despite the statement about building the wing upside down and the reference to that drawing, the drawing is identified as showing a right wing, and also identifies the rear spar and the root end, so it (the drawing) is obviously showing the structure right side up, and it is correct.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Default Re: I'm confused, which is nothing new. Wing Twist

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    Hi Brian,

Despite the statement about building the wing upside down and the reference to that drawing, the drawing is identified as showing a right wing, and also identifies the rear spar and the root end, so it (the drawing) is obviously showing the structure right side up, and it is correct.
    Thanks, about midnight last night, I finally saw the "Right Wing Shown" in the lower right hand corner. I was aware of the rear spar ident...........makes sense now. Thanks again.........I'm un-confused for the moment.
    Brian