Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: YAMAHA Genesis (RX-1) install in Kitfox 5

Default YAMAHA Genesis (RX-1) install in Kitfox 5

Hello. Looking for some help and input with my project pulling a Subaru E 81 and mounting a Yamaha RX1 in my KF5.

In order to simplify posts and replies, my build thread on this project will be updated over on AvidFoxFlyers:

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.p...l-in-kitfox-5/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: YAMAHA Genesis (RX-1) install in Kitfox 5

Roughly lined up...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a username update here, I have switched from MNsnowy1 to Yamma-Fox here on TKF and soon on AvidFoxFlyers.

Welcome aboard Brett!! I have been following your build on the other site. One of these days I should get over your way and have a look.

My KF IV was loaded on a trailer and made its way to Kansas this past week. Not sure what I will do with the RX-1 I have. Need a spare? LOL

Don't know if anyone has already suggested this but Steve Henry is the man when it comes to the RX-1. He's been flying it for some time in his Just Aircraft Highlander. He can probably answer all your questions...

Wild West Aircraft
    http://www.wildwestaircraft.com/

Good Luck! I'm looking at putting the new Yamaha Genesis 998 Turbo in a SuperSTOL. They're all related and really good engines.

Clark

Quote Originally Posted by WWhunter View Post
    Welcome aboard Brett!! I have been following your build on the other site. One of these days I should get over your way and have a look.

My KF IV was loaded on a trailer and made its way to Kansas this past week. Not sure what I will do with the RX-1 I have. Need a spare? LOL
    What are you asking for your rx1?

It's an entire snowmobile. Has less than 1,000 miles on it. Purchased it for an eventual project but plans have changed. You should be able to find one closer to you but if you really interested in it, let me know. Heck, it's going to snow here soon so I can always ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark in AZ View Post
    Don't know if anyone has already suggested this but Steve Henry is the man when it comes to the RX-1. He's been flying it for some time in his Just Aircraft Highlander. He can probably answer all your questions...

Wild West Aircraft
    http://www.wildwestaircraft.com/

Good Luck! I'm looking at putting the new Yamaha Genesis 998 Turbo in a SuperSTOL. They're all related and really good engines.

Clark
    Yep, if it weren't for Steve Henry I wouldnt have taken on this repower!

And WOW! The sidewinder motor in an airplane. Man I hope you get that to work!! As you know, its gonna be all about the adapter, gearbox, and clutch that can hold that power.

Please put up a build thread when you get going on that project! That would be absolutely groundbreaking!

Quote Originally Posted by WWhunter View Post

Yeah Keith, I still have my rx-1 snowmobile as well. Bought this motor from a fella who's plans changed. Plan to keep the sled for a bit until the airplane is all tuned in (hopefully next summer). And yep, stop by sometime.... or I'll call ya when I'm needing help hoisting up to set on floats! LOL