Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Garmin autopilot,Gm pitch and kf pitch?..

Default Garmin autopilot,Gm pitch and kf pitch?..

Using Garmin 305 autopilot with three Garmin sa28 servos. How do you use the Kitfox stab trim with Garmin pitch servo? I was going to set Garmin servo like others and put a seperate manual electric trim for the kf stab motor. I put a Ray Allen indicator on kf motor that shows location of stab. Help thanks

Default Re: Garmin autopilot,Gm pitch and kf pitch?..

Quote Originally Posted by gizmos View Post
    Using Garmin 305 autopilot with three Garmin sa28 servos. How do you use the Kitfox stab trim with Garmin pitch servo? I was going to set Garmin servo like others and put a seperate manual electric trim for the kf stab motor. I put a Ray Allen indicator on kf motor that shows location of stab. Help thanks
    Sounds like a good plan. Having the A/P pitch servo should be fine in conjunction with normal Kitfox control of the stabilizer linear actuator for trim.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I have been told the kf trim is to slow to work with a/p. I will use kf to set angle/airspeed before a/p is turned on. Thank. Have you seen anyone put an indicator on the flaperon to show position ? I was think of micro switches that would turn on a small led? Worth while?

I would think that you would normally always set the trim before engaging the A/P, regardless of the aircraft type.

In my inexperienced opinion, a flaperon position indicator would be a waste of time & money. You already have 2 of them... the flap handle and looking at them with your eyes.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

safety trim wires direct into the Garmin system

safety trim can provide the drawing

D Kelm

Quote Originally Posted by jrevens View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. Having the A/P pitch servo should be fine in conjunction with normal Kitfox control of the stabilizer linear actuator for trim.
    Somewhere in these posts awhile ago I remember reading someone talking about John McBean using something to slow his trim motor up while trimming to land or at higher speeds. Last night I was reading that if you wire your trim switch through the Garmin servo it will slow it down when not in autopilot. Is this what everyone has been doing? I know this is an old post but I am building behind most of you.