Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help needed with new Warp drive on my 582

Default Re: Help needed with new Warp drive on my 582

I got to thinking about a couple of things after I posted my procedure.

Two things: 1. If you have a taildragger, your going to need to level the airplane, and also be able to bring it back to the same attitude again if you want to re-adjust the prop. Maybe measure how high the tailwheel is off of the concrete when it's level?? What ever method, just so you can repeat it.

2. I thought it would be good to give an example from my airplane. You DON'T need to know trig to do this procedure.

My prop is 52 inches above the concrete when level. I drop a plumb bob to the floor and mark that location.

So now I need to measure along the floor to set a point for the lazer dot to get my proper prop pitch.

12.5 degrees = 11.5 inches

12 degrees = 11 inches

11.5 degrees = 10.6 inches

11 degrees = 10.1 inches

10.5 degrees = 9.6 inches.

For all practical purposes, 1/2" along the floor = 1/2" of a degree of prop pitch.

So even for trial and error - start with your original prop setting, and get your measurements - both prop height and distance between dots on the floor. Go fly the airplane. Want a little more climb then bring it back to the hanger - level the airplane - set the prop height at the tip - drop the plumb bob and then measure a line along the floor and put your dot say 1/2 - 5/8 of an inch shorter than the original measurement.
    Set the other two blades ( or blade ) and go fly again.

You don't really have to know that your prop is 11.489 degrees

Set it where it flies best for you and enjoy. Also, suggest you document where you started and where you ended up. Then three months later, if you want to make a slight adjustment, you have some records to go back too. Plus I forget everything that is now two hours old -or older.

Rodney

Default Re: Help needed with new Warp drive on my 582

Rodney, I like your very clear explanation of a good method.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS