Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many have a BRS ?

Default Re: How many have a BRS ?

My model IV had one but with the lightweight 582 engine it made the plane tail heavy so was removed.

It was set-up to fire out the belly just between the header tank and seat back. The bridle was then routed up the right side of the fuselage where it would rip off the turtledeck and suspend the cabin at the four wing attach points.

I'll be wearing an emergency rig for initial test flight which should be soon. I hope.

jon
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

I'm curious about the firing out the belly. How exactly does that work? It would seem to me that there's a much great chance of it not deploying correctly and/or taking longer to actually catch air to help the situation.

I'm planning to put one in mine and have been trying to find images of existing installs. With minimal luck.

The rocket when shot off takes the parachute well away from the aircraft to deploy without interference from it. I don’t know where the instructions came from to install it that way. I just removed it.

Jon
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!