Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Garmin servo

Default Garmin servo

The garmin servos have a safety stop that is screwed to the servo to stop the arms from going over center. Anyone have photos of the final mounting location. I do not have my wiring harness yet to try to see how this all works out. I am concerned with the roll servo stop arms as I can not get a full travel for left aileron before hitting the stop on the servo.

Default Re: Garmin servo

They are temperamental. One of mine is mounted to the underside of the baggage floor. The other is on the frame behind the pilot seat. Although you don't see the safety on one of these, I have got them mounted on both now. I had to accept that on one of them, just as full travel stop occurs, the safety is contacted. In fact, I believe I took a file to the safety to gain 1/16". When the travel stops, my control arm barely touches the safety. I took so little material off that you don't even really notice that I did it.
    Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just trying to keep similar question in same thread here... but what about yaw servo? I've found a few references to people with them installed, but where and how?

Yes, let's keep this on task. I am looking for anyone who has installed these on a super S7. I am not at final rigging yet but I want to set these before covering. Any help out there?

So I put my search skills to the test. The first link here is how the YAW servo is setup in an RV-10 with garmin.

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...d.php?t=119555

This is another garmin DIY YAW connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVw4D5_vYow