Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 670 Rotax

Default Re: 670 Rotax

Are you planning on running AVgas or auto fuel?

I plan to run on High Test auto fuel (ethanol mix) and Amsoil 40:1 mix.
    "Rotax Rick" says this works fine. The ethanol actually helps the octane, and my tanks are ethanol OK.

Thats wierd he told me to only run avgas and that is what his website says too.

Not really. He says 100LL is great, and don't sweat the lead. He also says that old car gas is a real problem, since the octane drops in just a few weeks. That is why he does not recommend non-ethanol car gas, it can't be trusted. He does recommend fresh ethanol high octane car gas.

Here is EXACTLY what his web site says:

"Fuel and Engine Oil
    CAUTION

This information is for all aircraft that have metal, poly or non-fiberglass tanks (WITH EPOXY RESIN), not Polyester resin:

Buy fresh Ethanol premium gas preferred from Chevron, BP and Sunoco.
    Use either Amsoil Interceptor OR Quicksilver PWC oil (any of the 3 types of Quicksilver is fine)
    Run Premix at 40:1 ratio. (16 ounces for every 5 gallons of gas)
    DO NOT EVER USE NON ETHANOL GAS (other than 100LL Avgas which is acceptable). Rotax has a warning that it is “old stale gas.”............
    Fuel life is 2 months, depending on the amount of moisture it’s exposed to. You can add Stabile to the fuel if you know your flying may be limited.
    AvGas 100LL is the very safest gas you can ever use. I have rebuilt 100+ engines that used it 100% of the time. Don’t listen to the know-it-alls."

https://rotaxrick.wordpress.com/fuel/

Ah, that must be where i got confused. At the time i didn't have ethanol safe tanks.