Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 106 of 119 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1183

Thread: Where I Fly.

Smile Re: Where I Fly.

I spotted a yellow/white with a nose gear in a hanger during a TW session last week. It would great to meet some of them and eventually become one of the future KF owners but for the moment, looks like a Super Cub rental and perhaps the Citabria rental (currently for sale) at KFFZ will have to do for low and slow. I came out of rusty pilot status this spring and am trying to learn the local flying community. I am equidistant from KDVT, KCHD, and KFFZ so Its hard to say where I might end up. Meanwhile I will learn what I can about the KF from the good people here. Thanks for the add.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Goornogo, KCHD is a hot bed of Kitfox activity. I can think of at least 8 or 9 there now and soon there will be more.
    I pretty much grew up at CHD, and I've flown through a half dozen times in the last few years and never plugged in to the Kitfox community. Next time I'm there, I'll have to find you guys at your hangars.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

And KCHD is my first place to go when Im unleashed. Have got to show it off to the Desert Foxes and family/friends. Then that Red Rock back yard of Steves.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Looking forward to seeing your Kitfox Eddie.

Brian, I don’t personally hangar at KCHD but it’s my 2nd home.
    Hope to cross paths there sometime in the near future.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I found the attached video several months ago and finally posted it to YouTube. When N96KL first flew, I had been about 20 years out of flying and recently recertified, but not checked out in KF. I hired a local guy to do the first five hours, then check me out in it so I could do the rest. I had borrowed a hangar from a guy then building a Series V who at the time was flying U-2s out of Beale Air-force Base. The U-2s landed with a chase car driven by another pilot that would enter the runway and accelerate to landing speed in order to report a different visual perspective for the final touch of the main gear. As we watched my Model IV taxi out for its first take off, my friend yelled, I have driven chase car a many times, get in your car with the camera. That is what we did and the linked video shows a really different perspective of a first flight as seen from a camera held by a guy - me - while standing through a sun roof. Original - videotaped on VHS-C

https://youtu.be/ASt0YTF2B1E
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Hahaha. how fun was that to watch. Thanks for posting that. the last photo of that aircraft is burned into my retinas. Kinda like this last one on the Colorado will be. So good that your both here sharing.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie,

P19 (Stellar Airpark) is right next door to KCHD. There is a couple of Kitfoxers here also...we’d love to see ya and show you around our Kitfox “playground” off the end of our runway.....most of the time we don’t bother to climb to altitude after takeoff.😎😁

Look forward to seeing ya....
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

Most Definitely Russ. Very familiar with your place. In fact, I did my PP check ride from there back in 1990 I believe. My sister used to live there as well. I know that it has changed immensely since then. Last time I visited Stellar I was with a friend who worked for a contractor that owns a big beautiful hangar on the East side of the field. Can't wait to get over there..
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yep....he’s still here.
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

New Pilot takes to the air and returns safely.

https://youtu.be/u81xEFIgz6k

This plane was picked up as a project and is back in the air where it belongs.
    One of my students, It was a blast to watch him do touch and goes today.

RobsKitfox2.jpg
    Last edited by Norm; 08-23-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV