Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcfarlane throttle

Default Mcfarlane throttle

I am looking in to the MCFARLANE Vernier-assist dual throttle for my ROTAX 912ul. I believe the part # is MCTV0005D048. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I would appreciate any feedback both positive or negative.
    Dutch

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Mcfarlane throttle

I have this exact model/part number. It is a quality setup, I have enjoyed it for 80 hrs now . I use the vernier feature for small adjustments on taxi and cruise.It was a good improvement from my older thicker cable setup that I had to keep the friction lock pretty tight in order to keep settings.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Very nice! I missed out on that one...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I also have the mcfarlane vernier assembly. I love it.
    Follow the recommended instructions for install so that you don't pull the throttle cable out of its sheath, this is a small but fixable nightmare. The vernier assembly uses a set of springs and loose fitted roller bearings and if you pull the throttle handle out during install the bearings and spring become disassembled. Finding them might be a challenge, but there is a Youtube video for the reassembly.
    Just don't disassemble it during install like I did and you will be fine.

Thank you guys.For your feedback. Pulled the trigger this morning. Looking forward to smooth throttle control,

Dutch

Thanks for bringing this up as I have been trying to find a control like this for a while. I have always been lurking but never post but have built and been flying my 4-1200 912S for 14 years. Just finished up about 40 hrs of work on this years inspection. After 14 years many things needed attention.
    I made a short test flight yesterday and love that throttle. I was able to set my idle a little lower and use the vernier to keep idle where I wanted it. I had always been pulling on the knob before on final to keep the rpms down.
    I also replaced the battery with an Earthx it seems to crank 2x faster and weighs nothing. Also rewired the coils and engine harness so I could use the 6 plus 6 soft start module. I only used 1 and start on it and bring in B after running. My original 6-4-1 modules still working so I changed the connectors on them so I have a spare in my tool kit. If any one needs info on this I have it including where to get the connectors and pins at a great price.

Ed Grasso

Same feelings here, I bought my 1994 model IV-1200 a few years ago, it had the 912 with Bellcrank throttle, could not ever balance consistently, so that it would stay balanced, last winter I changed the engine mount to the slightly beefed up improved one, and did all hoses etc, and put in that Mcfarlane throttle cable, did it and set up as instructed, and love it, works great, smooth, consistant and reliable, worth every penny!!

Where are you sourcing the McFarlane throttle.
    I have been wishing for this item for years.
    Is it a relatively new product or I have been missing out?

Ed
    Please share the how to do the 6 x 6 soft start to a 6-4-1 module.
    Thanks
    Herman

Herman,I ordered mine from Chief aircraft in Grands Pass OR.
    They were cheaper than McFarlane.

Dutch

Herman, I purchased the throttle from McFarlane it came with new carb return springs that seemed to have a little less tension.

I’ll be at my hanger this weekend and take some pics of the connectors and post them with a parts list and wiring diagram next week.

Ed