DSCN0181.jpg

Bruce Hoisington (Cowboy) - Bend, OR
Series 7
Rotax 912 ULS, Ivo Medium in-flight adjustable

On September 20, 2002 I hauled my kit home in a crate on my flatbed trailer. I didn't actually start building until in November. After 3 years and 2 months I test flew my plane on January 5, 2006. That was a rewarding day and one I will never forget. I had never done anything like this before. This was my first build. To be flying a plane that I built in my shop at home was a great feeling on accomplishment and a thrill. I owe a lot of thanks to John and Deb McBean for all there support and help in the final stages of completion.

I wanted to build the plane as a traildragger originally, but I had no tail time and no Kitfox time. So, I decided I would fly it for awhile and get to know the plane real well, then get some tailwheel time and switch it to conventional gear. In June 2007 I got my tailwheel endorsement and bought everything I needed to make the conversion. In March of 2008 I switched it to conventional gear, built new bubble doors and put some 6x8.50 tires on. The conversion was not to difficult and took the better part of one day.

This summer I flew my Kitfox back to Airventure Oshkosh. Round trip of almost 3700 miles. Now that, is an experience! I now have 480 hours on my plane in 2 years and 9 months. I guess you can see, I love flying my Kitfox!

122-2265_IMG.jpg
DSCN2571.jpg
DSCN2573.jpg