Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe someone isn't on "The Map"

Default Re: Maybe someone isn't on "The Map"

Regarding bubble doors and windscreens, someone mentioned tinting is an option. I would highly recommend the tinting option on both the doors and the windscreen. It is a very light tint and doesn't interfere with good vision on dark cloudy days or twilight landings, but is a definite help on bright sunny days to reduce glare and heat. I know it costs a little extra but in my opinion is worth it.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks to all for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. Don't let this note of thanks stop anyone from piling on though.

I ordered my kit before I realized they sold the Puka pedals so I used an electricians hydraulic knock out set to make the holes in my pedals. I weighed before and after and it saved about 2.5oz a pedal. I currently fly an Aerotrek A240 with clear windows and I would have to agree that the glare and heat can be bad at times. If I had the chance to order again I would use the tinted on all windows and bubble doors.

Brett

http://www.mykitlog.com/bholland/

Brett - interestingly, one of the three planes under consideration, besides the Kitfox, was a A220. I have a little time in the A220 and really enjoyed it. Thanks for your input.