Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet...

Default Re: Quiet...

Beautiful photos Scott.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks Steve! I need to get a Go Pro camera and put together some video of these spots.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Those are beautiful shots Scott. Thanks for sharing

Just got my January issue of AOPA Pilot magazine. Does the Kitfox on page 1 and later in the magazine belong to anyone on TeamKitfox?
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

Nice photos Scott!
    I flew the same day and time as you, but instead of going West as you did I went North and had a much different experience. While going across PDX airspace traveling South after my trip to Chehalis-Centralia, I hit some very severe turbulence. It was due to my being lined up with the Columbia Gorge east wind that has been roaring thru the gorge for a week now at about 35 mph. I was at 1500' altitude and suddenly the rocking and rolling was so severe I had to hang onto the top cross brace tubing to avoid being thrown around the cabin. Stuff was flying up out of my behind the seat pockets and the baggage area, and 3 times I cracked my head on the skylight plexiglass so hard I thought it might crack (the plexi), even with the seatbelts fairly tight. My Dynon computer lady voice kept yelling "g's, g's". After about 10 minutes, maybe less, I got out of that gorge wind blast and all was smooth sailing. In the morning going North I experienced the same thing but it was much less severe, and smooth all the way North.

After landing and an inspection of the plane and stowing all the scattered gear, I found no damage whatsoever except maybe some small scratches on the overhead plexiglass. I now have a new respect for the strength and toughness of our Kitfoxes. The excellent control responses made it easy to react to the severe rocking and rolling in the turbulence.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Desert Fox 4, If you watch Trent's latest VLOG "Kitfox almost repossessed my plane" you will see your former Kitfox about about the 8:45 mark into the video.

Ralph

Things have picked up but I thought I would post some random photos from New Zealand

Southern Taildraggers now has a permanent home with the recent purchase of the hangar in the background.

KNZ is my aircraft I have made available for training. JFA is my personal aircraft. KIV is my brothers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JFA has cost me a lot of money recently. She has to earn her keep

Just some shots from a recent magazine shoot

Some great stuff here!

Great pics Scotty! (notice the partner in crime in the background!)
    Jim - what graphic description of what must have been a worry experience! I hate that stuff but also am amazed at the ability of the Ktifox - mostly after the event!

And great shots Dusty! are you actually based in Christchurch? And loved the photo in another post of "Oz somewhere over there!"!! Only talking today with a friend who has flown the ditch ...but cheeper and easier with the commercials!

thanks guys

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)