Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Landing gear specs for Kitfox 2

Default Re: Landing gear specs for Kitfox 2

Thanks Jim. Great idea

Just thought of another thing, there is a guy that built a bush spring gear for his plane and detailed what material he used and had pictures of how he did it. That info got transferred to the AvidFoxFlyers forum. I think the thread was titled Homemade bush gear. I started that thread if I remember right. You probably can find the thread if you do a search for it there. Jim Chuk

PS just went there and checked and you will find the thread it you do the search the way I said.

Just a word of caution about taking things to a welding shop... a buddy of mine GL'd his Skyraider II and folded the right gear under the plane. Sent it to a welding shop for repair just to have it fail while taxiing by hitting a bump in the tarmac (at the expense of a prop strike). If you have an awsome welder that specializes in TIG/Heliarc then probably no issue, but I'm in line with protecting my investment and forking out the bones for a new or used replacement set. Though I have been known to fab a few non-critical odds and ends from time to time myself ;-) fwiw.

Jay Phelps
    N627C

I have a right gear packed away in my hanger off a Kitfox 2 or 3. I can only caution you that the walls on the tubing is a little thinner than a 4. Let me know if this is one you can use. PM me.
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

I had a similar mishap with my model 2 and was able to acquire a nice set of model 4 bungee gear. They fit fine and difference is they stand about 4" taller thus increasing belly clearance. If you get a chance to pick up a set of mod 4 gear legs make sure you get both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a picture of the right bungee gear. I'm sure the color is a close match
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

I have a complete set of gear from a kitfox IV 1050 gross weight that has never been used also a set of never installed bungies. The gear is powder coated yellow.

If 17joel17 doesn't want them, what do you want for them sky raider?

Sky raider i do want them. PM me. What are you looking to get for them, and where abouts are you (where would you be shipping from) ?

Joel, I sent a private message
    Tom