Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Any one w/experiece with the Exp-BUS DC Load Center?

Default Any one w/experiece with the Exp-BUS DC Load Center?

We are getting ready to start wiring and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this product (Exp-BUS DC Load Center)?

Default Re: Any one w/experiece with the Exp-BUS DC Load Center?

looks interesting . there is a discussion on the vans site if you havent seen it already . seems to be well thought of with some reservations that it should be installed with the indicator panel and cost . also some discussion about connecting the output of the alternator directly to it . would be a big timesaver and make a clean instrument panel
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Default Re: Any one w/experiece with the Exp-BUS DC Load Center?

I used the EXP-Bus and really like it. I convinced two other builders to use it also. I fly the Kitfox S& with a 914, one of the other pilots flys an S7 with the 912s and the other pilot flys the Zenith 600XL with a 912s.

I have the backup battery option and the indicator module on my unit.

It has many great features that if I had manually wired those features into my plane it would have been very complicated and much more expensive than buying this unit. It makes a great looking and simple panel install.

I am a ME not an EE so it took me a little time to understand all the ins and outs of this system but it is very easy to wire and do any sort of trouble shooting after you have mastered the theory.