Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Tour of Cub Crafters in Yakima,WA

Default Tour of Cub Crafters in Yakima,WA

I have family in Yakima and have always wanted to tour CC for the fun of it. This holiday season was a bit of an odd one, and I decided I would call CC on a whim. Apparently they usually don't do tours or at least at Spur of the moment, but had employee family members that were walking through, and allowed me and my daughter to accompany them.
    Within 25 seconds it was apparent that the family members were just their to see what Jr. did for a living and I was the true kid in the candy store as they left early.
    The folks at CC treated me like absolute gold, and I have to say their facility is very impressive. We toured everything from the front office to the delivery hanger. I was a bit surprised at how nice their Cubs really are. They are absolutely beautiful airplanes. They showed us just about everything and even let me and the kid play Cub driver and sit in one with the threat of taking me up in one should I get a little more serious.
    According to my guide the average plane I was shown was around $305,000 give or take a few. Oh, and they don't need to beg anyone to buy as they have sold out completely for 2018.

In conclusion we had a great time, and sure it would be fun. But personally speaking, that is too much for an airplane that is difficult to get in and out of and is only 2 place. I can get a 185 Skywagon on floats for a lot less ( and that is still a bit steep for me

Default Re: Tour of Cub Crafters in Yakima,WA

Yeah, and you almost build a separate kitfox for every day of the week for that kind of dough......one on skis, one on a nose wheel, one on a tail wheel, one on floats, one super light, one heavy for all the comforts a person would want; and, maybe throw in a Radial fox if you watch the cash flow really well.

The cub is a nice plane and I am sure they do excellent work.

Tour John & Deb's place sometime; but, be kind and arrange the visit well in advance.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Yeah, and you almost build a separate kitfox for every day of the week for that kind of dough......one on skis, one on a nose wheel, one on a tail wheel, one on floats, one super light, one heavy for all the comforts a person would want; and, maybe throw in a Radial fox if you watch the cash flow really well.
    Or a *really* nice Kitfox and a *really* nice RV, and enough cash left over to operate both for several years. I love cubs, and the CC planes do look top notch, but the price/performance ratio just isn't there. The fact that their order book is full at those prices reminds me that there is an awful lot of wealth out there.

The CC planes are really nice but they (as most cert planes) take a big hit on the used market. My flying buddy bought a used CC Super Cub in really perfect shape and low hours for about $90 grand.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Fear not, my budget is more KitFox than CC!!