Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

The manual says nothing about passing the throttle cable through the firewall. Obviously there needs to be a seal of some kind. I have found a device at Aircraft Spruce called Cable Safe. I am not sure the diameters for the Vernier assist throttle will work with this. How are you securing the throttle cable pass through?
    Eddie

I believe that the manual shows the use of a rubber grommet, and there should be one provided in your kit. That's what I used. My 2 throttle and 2 choke cables just fit nicely in that grommet, which fits the hole made by the factory in the firewall. You can provide a seal with silicone sealant at that point if you wish. I might be different with your engine, not having the choke cables to contend with, but you could still seal the pass-through well enough using a grommet IMO. If you can find one of those Cable Safe units designed for the diameter of your throttle cable they are very nice. There are several of those type products on the market.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thank You John
    I looked again and I stand corrected. I missed a paragraph. They pass through the firewall through the same hole as the electrical cables. Didn't expect that. Saves me a few bucks.

For those with the 912iS.
    Im trying to set up the labels for the instrument panel. With regard to the two LED warning lamps, sorry it has escaped me at the moment what they are, Lane A and B regulators? What should they be labeled as?
    Eddie

Eddie,

Label them Lane A and Lane B - In the start up sequence before ignition they will illuminate as they go through their respective computer checks (they are actually Computer A and Computer B) for about 4-5 secs and then go out if all is good. During run-ups you will also check them by turning each off in sequence to check the RPM drop - just like a mag check. Your Rotax manual operations manual has a table which shows what they indicate if one or both are flashing or are permanently on.

Here is a pic of mine.
    cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Cool Re: EFWD Build

Thanks Ross
    you always come thru

Ok, making decals for my panel has proved to be the most frustrating aspect of the build yet. Took far too long. But it looks pretty good. Not perfect but not bad.

Maybe this one is a little clearer in HD. Problems can be seen on the rectangular boarders around Lane A Lane B as well as the Fuel pump switches. Nightmare.

It looks real nice in your picture, Eddie.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Very nice Eddie. And the decals look great - being a bit hard on yourself methinks. I'm taking notes for when I get to mine.
    David
    SS7 Builder