Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Lightspeed Sierra Bluetooth

Question Lightspeed Sierra Bluetooth

I just bought a Lightspeed Sierra headset, and I can't hear on the bluetooth when I make a call. The person I call can hear me fine, but I can't hear back. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with my headset?
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Default Re: Lightspeed Sierra Bluetooth

Is your headset plugged into your intercom? I had the same issue until I plugged my head set in.
    Pieter
    Kitox IV 1050
    582 70" IVO IFA

Yes, I had it plugged into the panel, and still didn't work.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

When you say you had it plugged into the panel, is it a intercom. Can you have 2 or 4 head sets plugged in? if it is only plugged into your com it will not work.I had to buy a inexpensive intercom (2 place Flightcom to use bluetooth.
    Pieter
    Kitox IV 1050
    582 70" IVO IFA

Bartman - If I remember correctly, I had the same issue with mine. I called them, talked to a nice lady who tried to help and she ended up talking to a supervisor. The attached is what came out of the phone call - at that time I'm pretty sure that they didn't know what was causing the problem and I was not able to find by experimenting anything else. So, I don't have good news but I do have the attached note. If you break the code, please let us all know. Cheers, Darrel

Opps - this forum says that which I would have liked to attach is an invalid file - please PM me with your email address and I'll send it direct.

There is a tiny button on the bottom of the battery box. Black, small, easy to miss. It is the Comm Priority button. The headset is designed to lower the volume of your music for a few seconds when a radio transmission is received. It will also lower the volume of phone calls. Your intercom sidetone (you can hear your own voice) also lowers the volume of music and calls.

Press that button and it will stop Com Priority.

The easiest way to figure it out is to play some music and talk into the mic and play with the button. You'll figure it out. Took me a bit.

It is all in the user manual.
    Mark Sprague
    914 Series 6 - flying

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Quote Originally Posted by 924549 View Post
    When you say you had it plugged into the panel, is it a intercom. Can you have 2 or 4 head sets plugged in? if it is only plugged into your com it will not work.I had to buy a inexpensive intercom (2 place Flightcom to use bluetooth.

Yes, it is an intercom.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Quote Originally Posted by inflight View Post
    There is a tiny button on the bottom of the battery box. Black, small, easy to miss. It is the Comm Priority button. The headset is designed to lower the volume of your music for a few seconds when a radio transmission is received. It will also lower the volume of phone calls. Your intercom sidetone (you can hear your own voice) also lowers the volume of music and calls.

Press that button and it will stop Com Priority.

The easiest way to figure it out is to play some music and talk into the mic and play with the button. You'll figure it out. Took me a bit.

It is all in the user manual.

That did the trick. Thanks Mark, I appreciate it.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

I seem to be replying to all your posts. I just bought the same headset and had the same issue. When I use bluetooth and initiate a cell call, I have to turn up the volume to max on both my cell phone and bluetooth headset control in order to hear the caller. As you know, there is a separate volume control for the headset and the bluetooth on the headset control box. That is what worked for me. Try playing with it on the ground to see if you can make it work ok. Good luck!
    George
    Granite Bay, CA.
    Kitfox Light Squared
    912ULS Tri Gear

My YouTube Channel