Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Oz build SS7

Default Re: Oz build SS7

Brian is the Technical Advisor to our Builders Chapter in Melbourne.

He was telling me that he is looking forward to seeing your work and he loves the idea of the 'Airport Cam'.
    I think he will be flying up from Mangalore.

He will be having a look at my work as soon as I can get a house load of furniture away from my plane . I hope the plane is still there when I shift the furniture.
    I closed up a residence overseas and refused to take a low-ball offer for my contents so, I moved everything back to Aust and the stuff has pretty much taken over my garage.

I sure showed them, I think?

Rob

WEll, it was a nice time away but it is even better to get home and back tot he hanger! I spent yesterday doing the last of the Polyspray on the fuselage. So, today it is time for the first of the Polytone topcoat! I think I will start on one of the tail feathers. We are in the first stage of our summer here so conscious of the temps. Fortunately, here in the mountains we stillg et stretches of nice dry and cool weather. Photos tonight of my first efforts.

And here is a link to our new airport cam at Mt Beauty for all my OZ flyer colleagues ( and those elsewhere with long range tanks!) -

http://avmet.ymbt.org.au/

please use the pan facility to get a 180 degree view of the strip and see the cloud levels in relation to surrounding hills. Note that the range of hills are about 4000ft and Mt Bogong is 6000ft. You will also see that there is a wind record showing current and recent wind strengths and directions.

Until tonight!

Ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ

Man looking at the wind sock and the beautiful sky, it looks like it is time to fly! Beautiful, will they take Texan's looking for a good place to Retire?

Paul Zz
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Hey Paul, put the long range tanks in and come on over! We quite like Texans given a few of us are old Mooney pilots - hence an affinity with Kerrivile, Tx!

Cheers

Ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ

Default First top coat!

It is good to back at the hanger! making progress with the painting. Yesterday I finished all the polyspray - the fuselage was the last to be done. Today was time to try the Polytone - I decided to do the tail feathers first to get familiar with the way it sprays - nice to use and pretty pleased with the finish. I used the normal reducer on the first coat and then the 8500 on the second coat - as by then the temp was up to 84F. No runs ...yet! This is fun!

cheers

Ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's looking good Ross. And yes, it's a lot of fun to do and see the plane start to look like you have been dreaming of.

My painting is nearly done. I only have one wing left to paint white plus the red trim on the wings, stabilizer and elevator. I might get some of that done today after work. Tomorrow the temperatures drop and it will be too cold to paint. Winter is coming.

I already have my plane on the landing gear. I put some pictures in and album if you want to see how my paint job turned out.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Hi Phil. Sounds like you have made some really good progress Phil. By the way, where is your album? I looked for it last time and cant see it under the album's section of this forum?? I would love to see the pics of your progress.

cheers

ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ

I looked for it last time and cant see it under the album's section of this forum?? I would love to see the pics of your progress.
    Ross- click on PapauPilots user name on any of his posts and a drop down menu will appear. Click on his "View Public Profile " and it takes you to where his albums are kept. Look on the right side of his profile page for albums. I also just added Phil's albums to the Member's Album Directory.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks DF - got it now.

Looks great Phil! now for the wings!
    Raining here today so high humidity - no painting.
    ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ

Default Visit from Tech Counsellor

It was a good day with Brian Ham flying in to Mt Beauty in his very nice Sonex to give the Ktifox project a once over. Brian is a Tech Counsellor from the SAAA (Sports Aircraft Association of Australia) and is a pilot of 40 years and a builder of several aircraft. The SAAA is the body who issues the experimental certificate on behalf of CASA ( like the FAA). It was great to have him look the Kitfox. It was great to have Brian visit and I believe we got a tick for efforts so far!

Tried spraying the Yellow also - But I think I will leave the colour until all the white is finished as it is a lot more work to keep the colours separated. ( you can only guess why I say that!). So on to the wings spraying tomorrow.

cheers

ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ
    Attached Images Attached Images