Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Torque Values

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Torque Values

Quote Originally Posted by Danzer1 View Post
    FWIW from an anal engineer: I would suggest investing in your own torque wrenches. Wrench accuracy can vary widely depending on use and abuse. If you have your own, you can calibrate and use the same wrench every time. My Craftsman 3/8" and 1/2" clickers work fine.

Greg

I mentioned I was looking to buy a 0 to 300 and borrow my neighbors Snap On torque wrenches. So, I would own the former and the latter belongs to an A&P friend of mine. Is Snap On a poor quality tool? I thought it was a good brand because every mechanic at my previous flying job had a rolling tool box full of their stuff.

Steve

Default Re: Torque Values

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy66 View Post
    I mentioned I was looking to buy a 0 to 300 and borrow my neighbors Snap On torque wrenches. So, I would own the former and the latter belongs to an A&P friend of mine. Is Snap On a poor quality tool? I thought it was a good brand because every mechanic at my previous flying job had a rolling tool box full of their stuff.

Steve
    Snap On is fine - the point was to use the same torque wrench each time with the same calibration (that can differ to if not done correctly). So if your neighbor is not around, moves, etc. - I find it easier to own my own and know how it was used and calibrated.