Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 582 coolant thermostat

Default Re: 582 coolant thermostat

I am having problems finding the thermostat for my 582 grey head, the rotax dealership sold me a thermostat for a 583 but that did not fit . The part number that was mentioned #18-3558 I cannot get from our napa dealer and did a little research online. The number seems to bring up a thermostat for marine engines, is this the same thermostat you guys are using? Also does it fit into the existing outlet housing on the 582, thanks for any input. In the mean time I'll keep using the duct tape to block off part of the rad.

The #18-3558 thermostat will fit. It is a NAPA # for US NAPA's and yes it is for marine engines. Mine works fine. If you do not have a thermostat now you will also need to get the proper gasket to fit the thermostat.

Pieter
    Pieter
    Kitox IV 1050
    582 70" IVO IFA

Great thanks for the info Pieter, A friend and me are talking about a flight up to Smithers in his Luscombe and me in the Kitfox 2 on skis,from 100 Mile House, If we make it maybe we might have to stop in and check out your Kitfox 4.Were did you order yours from?

Thanks Willis

I ordered my thermostat from our local NAPA in town. They had no issues. It took a couple of 4 days to get.
    Our runway here is not maintained so there is about 2' of snow on it. I have asked the district if they would plow it but no luck. I have ordered some skis but do not have them yet so I am grounded for awhile. If you guys have skis and do stop I can meet you and drive you into town if you need.
    Pieter
    Kitox IV 1050
    582 70" IVO IFA

Thanks Pieter,found one today at the local marine place,is the gasket like a large O ring that fits in were the thermostat sits? If we decide to go up there I let you know, hope you get your ski's soon its alot of fun with them.

Yes it is a flat sided ring. They are a special design with a grove to hold the thermostat. You will need one to install your thermostat. I got mine at Rotech Research Canada Ltd in Vernon BC. 1 250 260-6299.
    Pieter
    Kitox IV 1050
    582 70" IVO IFA

I know this is an old post but do you or anyone have the correct gasket part number ?

You can look up the parts at this link. It varies by model number.

https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/...582/582ul.html
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Quote Originally Posted by 924549 View Post
    Yes it is a flat sided ring. They are a special design with a grove to hold the thermostat. You will need one to install your thermostat. I got mine at Rotech Research Canada Ltd in Vernon BC. 1 250 260-6299.
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8r_Sed View Post
    You can look up the parts at this link. It varies by model number.

https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/...582/582ul.html
    Thanks I was able to track down the part number, Rotax Gasket for the 583 -90 Gray head is 230-800. Ref the thermostat, Rotax is $130+ so I'm going with / try the part number 18-3558, napa and others use this same part number.
    Next thinking of research into for an aluminum radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlaneMike View Post
    I know this is an old post but do you or anyone have the correct gasket part number ?
    you might look @ www.realgaskets.com (it would be under motorcycles) i purchased a couple water pump housing gaskets for a 582 lc from them.