Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynon DS-10 no oil pressure

Default Re: Dynon DS-10 no oil pressure

I installed the test kit gauge.
    I did an engine purge procedure by the book.
    I got pressure on the gauge in a few turns of the prop.
    I completed the purge, checked the valve tappet clearance and buttoned up the engine.
    Tomorrow will do a test start with the direct pressure gauge in place. Will do run up and leak check. The Mechanic will sign off the engine and a/c inspection if all goes well. I'll let you know

Awesome Jay! Congratulations on a challenging engine upgrade. I have no doubt you will love that plane.

Scott
    Scott Noble
    Kitfox SS7

Real good news Jay. Oil presure always a good thing.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Ok, All is going well, I have about 7 hours on the engine and the numbers and temps are settling down to a very normal range.
    There was some learning curve going on with just reading the gauge but I think I have it. Not sure if I'm reading the water temp right, but its around 201 most of the time. I need to open the book before my next flight to make sure I have defined the parameters right as 200 is showing yellow and the 912 is going to be at 180 or higher most of the time. I don't think yellow is right.

I made my first real flight mission today and flew the 30 miles to Sandpoint Idaho to replace my broken phone with a new one at the Verizon wireless store. Wife would not sit that one out so we flew in 90 degree heat and landed in 10+mph 90 degree cross wind on asphalt. It wasn't real pretty but it was safe.

All temps in the green,( except water) VNE at 5460 in the smooth part of the ride. No leaks, just fun.

My CHT (water) temp runs consistently around 200, I think I have yellow set to 215.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive