Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Header tank low fuel sender?

Default Re: Header tank low fuel sender?

Yes as far as I know they are ethanol safe. Also if I recall correctly the float type sensor threads directly into the plastic tank with a good and liberal amount of sealer (my first try did not seal completely). My setup looks the same as WarE's including the return line.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

The header tank is defintely different material than my wing tanks. I am guessing it is a poly type material rather than fiberglass like the wing tanks.

Never heard of the header tank being sloshed or coated.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

The low fuel sender I got from aircraft spruce isn't going to work in my model5's aluminum tank. The sender is too big to fit in the side top fitting, it was worth a try though.

Kitfox do a kit which has an additional tank which sits above the header tank and has an opening for the larger sender. I have the kit but have not yet fitted it
    Dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Here's some pics of it installed.

Andy Karmy
    Kitfox 7 - 912S - SOLD
    Auburn, WA

http://kitfoxflying.com

Hey I have the optical sensor, and the foel low light comes on even if the header tank is full. It seems sunlight does ahve an effect, when flying below a thik cloud the light goes out, when the sun comes out the light comes on again. Anybody any ideas ??

Tuna

Common problem with the optical sensors. You could paint your header tank so no light gets through. Not sure what paint will stick to it. Another common problem with the optical sensors is "melting" (cold flowing) from auto gas usage. Not really sure if it's the alcohol or the other "toxic" additives they put in auto fuel now that melts the plastic in the sensors. Probably why most have gone away from that type already.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hi guy, Could you please tell me what is the size for the fuel return line fitting on the header tank. Unfortunately I am 100km away from my aircraft and need to buy one. Can't find the size anywhere on the manual. Thanks Raff

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by kmach View Post
    In my series 5 there is an aluminum header tank, it has a hole on the upper pilot side that is filled with a blue plug currently. this is an old picture before I remounted the header tank, and rerouted fuel lines, relocated the fuel filters and added fuel shut off' s for the wing tanks. you can see the old not working low fuel sensor that is mounted on the vent line, I'm not sure if on the vent line is where it is supposed to be, but it didn't work so it was removed anyhow.
    I am planning to built an aluminum header tank for my K5 and I like the look of your aluminum one in the picture. Would you have by any chance the drawings or measurements, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers Raff

This is the type design I was thinking of using, very simple lots of different specs and suppliers for different applications. Really just looking for dash light notification that the header tank is starting to empty, then I know I'm on reserves, plenty of time to find somewhere to land. Fuel flow sensor for management of fuel burn + totalised used otherwise.

https://uk.farnell.com/honeywell/lrn...6-6/dp/2445919

Flame suit on if someone can tell me why this is a stupid idea or if there is a cheaper option.

Don't know what the standard sensor from kitfox is worth if similar price will use one of them.

Cheers

Rob.