Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

You might want to add a power socket. Also, are your headset plugs going into the panel or elsewhere?

-- Paul S

the headset plug ins will be behind and up behind seats. Yes there will be an aux plug in as well. The 3 round instraments will be MGL- V6-ASX1-and a RV1

my panel for now..MK 4

Default Show us your panel.

Here's mine: to be completed with Garmin 296 and MGL VHF-6.
    I like them gauges...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HansLab; 12-14-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: please, put it in the Showusyourpanel thread?

Empty hole is for electric tach.
    N44JZ
    0-200 Continental
    Lake Elmo MN 21D

My panel started off with many different designs until I settled on one that suited me. I decided not to go with any keys dangling from my panel. I painted my panel with base coat clear coat before labeling and labeled all my switches and circuit breakers with decals I made on my computer later. This way, I was able to control the font and exact size. Decal paper kits are available online very cheap and really easy to use. Once the decals were in place, another coat or two of clear and everything blends in nicely. For my row of toggle switches for lights, heater, smoke etc, I found some really nice round auto switches with led indicators when in the "on" position. These were very easy to install since they popped into a round cutout hole. The biggest problem I encountered was after installing my vertical compass in the panel, I could never get an accurate reading from it. I tried to degauss the magnetic field around the area where the compass is mounted, but I gave up on acquiring any kind of accuracy from the compass. It's mainly there for looks now and I rely on my GPS for direction. I have a green led light that indicates power and a red led light indicating low fuel. I built stand off brackets to mount the panel shock absorbers on and flush riveted them to the panel.

When we started our goal was to have a simple, clean panel and I think we've accomplished that.

Step 1 - How to Populate Panel - Done
    This was a 2 year process that was finalized at least 3 times, then changed.
    Step 2 - Panel Layout - Done (I hope)
    It took about a month of btting ideas back and forth. Informally we considered where items would be placed as they were decided on.
    Step 3 - Planning to cut - Done (unless it changes, again)
    We are on Rev. 3 and it is currently the final layout, though it is open to change until the cutting begins. Note: Android ASUS Transformer Tablet Computer (running Naviator) will be mounted with a RAM mount.
    Step 4 - Cutting - Done(I'm thinking this is a Major Milestone)
    With the help of Robert Haines (fellow member of EAA 292), we got the panel cut on Roberts home made CNC machine (8' x 16' cutting bed).
    Step 5 - Painting and Populating - WIP
    OK, all of the instruments are fitted and surprisingly, it looks almost exactly like the drawing I made. If you're interested you can follow us here.

Last edited by enyaw; 04-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Sweet Set-Up Wayne...should be a dream to fly behind!
    Dan
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Looks really nice, you might think about adding a separate button for ignition. I added one next to my key switch when I added the soft start and have found it very useful.
    I envy your Skyview, should be sweet
    Last edited by Dorsal; 04-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Gents,
    I moved the Key Ignition vs Toggle Switch discussion to it's own thread. Good topic.

The offer from Leptronjohn to make CNC panels has been moved to its own thread. You will find it under classifieds and I stuck it at the top for now. Nice offer John.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ