Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: aviator79's build

Default Re: aviator79's build

Count me in on that trip too Steve. Been to Page in my old Glastar taildragger but not any further North than that.
    Brad Smith
    KF Vixen IO-240
    Flying when I have gas money

Flew to Bar 10 last week, that would be a fun overnight on your trip... on the northern edge of the ditch.

Nice Brian! Thanks for those. The build looks great.

Clark

Default Weekly Update

Tail feathers basically done. I sprayed a coat of white Poly Tone on to ensure color consistency of the top coat. I'm letting the solvents evaporate for a few days before putting on the top coat (Aero-thane). On the wings I stopped after Poly Spray. My thinking was that because paint continues to cure over its lifetime, there might be a color mismatch if I'd painted them several months before everything else. In hindsight, I wish I'd just finished them off while I had them on the rotisserie. I doubt there would be any noticeable color difference, especially since they are not being subject to any UV or other environmental stress.

Progress over the next few weeks will be slower than average. It's my son's baseball season, so I have a lot of practices and games to attend, and I have a bunch of work travel in June (LA and Philly).

--Brian
    Flying - S7SS

I'm close to LA Brian. If you have down time with nothing better to do give me a PM.
    Eddie

I'd enjoy getting together Eddie. I'll send you a PM.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

If you don't see me in the pattern, it's your fault.
    International Orange Aerothane. It looks a little more red in the picuture.

--Brian
    Flying - S7SS

WOW! That's bright. Is the whole plane going to be that color?

Clark

The photo is kind of oversaturated. It is bright though. That is the primary color. Here is the concept. Thwre will be no wheel pants and I may set the blue off with a thin white stripe.

--Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Default Weekly Update

Finished the tail feathers. Made a cap for the bottom of the rudder fairing final attachment with tinnerman nuts.

Installed header tank, autopilot servos and ELT. You can use the Kitfox AP mounts for Dynon servos, but you need to order the long arm servos from Dynon. I’m going to call them tomorrow to see about exchanging mine. It does not look practical to replace the arms on the servos. The weldments for installing the ELT that Kitfox provides are a thoughtful touch.

Door frames installed on both sides, and the bubble door fit up on the right. The fit of the window angles was really bad, but apparently that’s normal. I still need to go back and clean them up with some filler. On the door, the fit is much better if you grind down the welds on the doorframe that contact the bubble door.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS