Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image links

Default Image links

Why are most images in this forum showing up as links when the link is to a teamKitfox address? It pretty annoying to have to click in and out of an image and lose the place on the page and have to scroll... most forums the photoshop up embedded in the post so you can see what it is before clicking in.

Default Re: Image links

Ill help Steve out here. There was a problem with the software in this forum a few months back and as of yet they have not got it fixed. Trying to post a photo here is a bit more cumbersome now so you will notice people are trying to provide pics in a number of different ways. This explains the links, small thumbnail images etc etc. It is being worked on.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Ah, thanks...

This is a test of Image

TeamK.jpg
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Ok Ladies and Gents this is how I posted the pic in this post. First the picture must be resized to be less that about 1000 by 500. I use mircrosoft picture manager to do this. (Sorry if your on apple I can't help.) Mircrosoft picture manager is part of the windows suite and has always worked well for me. I even use it to select trim and crop for a newsletter I am editor for.
    Once the file is resized then select the paper clip at the top of your reply screen and select upload. Once uploaded you can from the message screen select the down arrow beside the paper clip and it will list the Jpg you have uploaded. Simply click on the name of the the jpg and it will load a ATTACH 12345 ATTACH to the text. There are some Brackets for proper syntax. You can Cut and paste the line any place you want in the message and there you have it Pictures in your messages without the link. By the way I found 640X480 a good size to attach and the resolution is adequate. Thinking back 640 by 480 was the old standard for VGA screens I think. Computers have come a long ways in the last 20years. It's just us old guys that have not kept up.
    TeamK.jpg

BY THE WAY THIS IS THE PIC OF MY FIRST SANDBAR RIVER LANDING ON THE RED DEER RIVER NEAR DRUMHELLER ALBERTA.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Test again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Test again
    This is what happens if you don't select the jpg from the drop down menu.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Thanks Norm. It works just like you said
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Update on image posting dilemma- just got off the phone with GoDaddy for the 20th time. The damage to TeamKitfox’ operating software was done when they shut down the site back in July due to our rapid growth. During the migration of this site’s data base to a new server, some of the code that auto-sizes our photos for posting on this site was critically damaged. GoDaddy threw in the towel today. They can’t repair the damage.
    The I.T. person that helps me with minor housekeeping duties does not know vBulletin well enough to repair damage. Not his fault. VBulletin is not widely used like it was when this site was created back in 2007/2008. I will keep looking for qualified assistance to repair this feature of this site. B.T.W. vBulletin does not offer repair services either.

I know some have found work arounds for posting. Bless you for sharing. I just found a free photo resizing app for iPhones and iPads.
    It is called “Image Size”. It seems to work OK.
    The free version will pop up 5 second adds occassionally but not too intrusive. An add free upgrade is $3.99. Just one way to work around this image problem until I can permanently repair the damage.

Here is a list of file types and file sizing requirements for posting on this site.

File types. Max widths, Max heights
    bmp. - 620- 280
    gif.- 640- 640
    jpe. -620- 280
    jpeg.- 620- 280
    jpe -1024- 512
    png.- 1024- 512

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Maybe just upgrade vBulletin? Should repair everything. Might be easier to do than trying to fix all the code that may be broken? I'm sure you've thought of this but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Clark