Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KF 5 engine angle

Default Re: KF 5 engine angle

That would, of course, be the thinking of any right-minded person. I suspect my right-mindedness, hence my wondering if the washers should be on the bottom

Let me know if you ever decide to experiment, it would be very interesting to see the results

Cool Re: KF 5 engine angle

Id glue pigs ears all over the surfaces of the plane to get it flying right before removing that engine mount again for what I had to go through to get that thing installed.

I am currently replacing the old (1999) rotax UL with a brand new one. If I am going to do anything, now would be the time, but I'm in the pigs ears club myself. There are about 18 minor mods to the engine to make it fit the model IV cowl.
    1.swap manifods, carbs, change water coolant exit elbows, move the spider, cut down the oil reservoir etc. etc. I am adding an EMS 10 to monitor engine stuff. I could have BUILT a plane by now. I"m making a list so the next poor dog has a clue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Geeze Wheels, you'd think that switching to the (pretty much) same motor would be a piece of cake. Dang!

If it makes you feels any better, I am facing the cowl problem as well. My answer is fiberglass mods though... or "hood bubbles" as I call them. I'll be cutting the cowl and letting engine stuff hang out, then I'll bring it to the fiberglass shop and have them do some magic when I'm done hacking it up!

I moved the CDI off the engine as well. that required fabrication of a mount to the backside of the engine mount (fuselage side) and re-routing of plug wires etc. Its no small job to put in an "out of the box" 912. I"m just glad I have a semi warm hangar and an understanding wife.