Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your panel

Default Re: Show us your panel

Just as an idea Carl - this is something I'm looking at for my panel - make a glovebox as Jim suggests and mount the iPad to a glovebox door. If you make the glovebox big enough, you could even store it inside.
    David
    SS7 Builder

The iPad idea is simply because I have an iPad laying around and thought it might be useful. You know, all of those flight planning articles floating around the internet. I'm building more of a puddle jumper so flight planning usually boils down to, "It's a pretty day, let's head over to..."

A glove box is probably a better use of that space. Now, how am I going to cut the hole in the panel without messing up the powder coating?
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I'm curious Carl, what is the point of taking up panel space for an iPad? Surely your Garmin screen has anything the iPad has plus more, and it is fully aircraft quality and easily read in bright sunlight. If the iPad is just a backup, why not keep it in the baggage compartment and use that panel space for a nice glovebox.
    I really like having my iPad on the panel. I installed an AirGizmo mount and it is looks like it belongs in the panel. Most of the time I keep it on the traffic page. It's pretty cool to have two big screens and have a PFD and MFD.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I like the iPad. They are super capable, the apps are constantly improved, and I can flight plan while drinking my coffee at home, get to the airport, and pop it in. The map updates and everything are super easy
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I plan to do something simliar with an iPad mount. Yes, the PFD does everything the iPad does and more, but the iPad makes a decent poor-man's MFD. You can have your navigation on a 10" screen instead of half of a 10" screen, or bring up airport data large enough to be readable and still have your primary flight instruments displayed. Going out to poke holes in the sky, I probably wouldn't have the iPad there, but on a cross country of any length, it's nice to be able to organize your cockpit information across a couple screens.

I'm putting in an IPAD as well. Not just as a backup but you can also get more information from of it, if needed. This is how I did mine so I could have the glove box.

Brett
    mykitlog.com/bholland
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got a chuckle from the "$" on the SV-HDX1100
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

My awesome wife used her photo shop skills and made me some labels today.
    TJay Larsen

M1 Custom

Jabiru 2200 85hp

I'm just starting on my model 3 panel. I have the GRT 7" EFIS , a Garmin GTX 327 transponder, and a V6 2 1/4" round Transceiver. Any ideas or photos of a similar panel you would share?

thanks
    grdev

I have gtx327 with gdl39 3D and Gdl 82 ,gtr225, gtr200, gma 245,gmc307,g-5 with 796,ei Fuel,cht,egt,oil and amp/ volt with composite design power panel,power plane 2nd alternator and Rotax 912 uls 100 hp to carry it. Total weight with custom interior is 825lb. I have aoa that I have not installed yet
    I do have steam air speed ,veritcalgauge, a must for me. Lol photos does not show completed interior,carpet,panels...