Supporting vendors:

Your ad here?

Go Back   TeamKitfox Forums > PapuaPilot's Profile > Albums

Final assembly
My painting is almost done and I will post pictures of the progress of the final assembly.
A couple of weeks ago I found a hanger for sale at the Nampa airport. It is 48' x 36' and has a crank up door, electricity, gas heating, insulation...
Oct 3, 2015 

I got the stabilizer and rudder installed and worked on trimming the covers so they don't get rubbed by the elevator.
So far the rudder, prop & windshield have been installed
I took it to the EAA hanger on Sept. 26, 2015 to assemble it.
Turtledeck
Windshield with boot cowl on.
Windshield being installed. It is all fitted and in place.
Right Door Hinge Installation
Brake line installation
Engine drains, breather outlet tube and oil filter (Rt to Lt). The red drains are ones that should not ever be leaking (fuel pump and spider...
Breather & oil separator
Baffling at front
Left side baffling
Garmin AHRS (top), transponder and ADS-B.
Installing the AHRS. My son crawled into the tail to help with this.
My N number
Cranking the engine for the first time!
Cutting out the spinner to fit my prop was a challenge. Here it is almost finished with the cutting.
Yesterday was spent making sure everything fit correctly: to the other pieces, the engine and clearance from the cowling. After that I demurred all...
I got my baffling installed today! What a big job. I still need to put on the orange baffle seal. It won't take long to get the controls, sensors and...
I got the exhaust hole made in the bottom cowl with the help of my son. 

I am waiting for a couple NACA ducts to arrive and will put them on the...
The exhaust system is mounted temporarily so that I can make the hole in the bottom cowl
The cowling is almost done. I have cut the two pieces into five so that the top and bottom cowl will come off forward of the fire wall without...
The engine mount got painted white (it was green) and here it is installed.
The transponder antenna was mounted under the co-pilot's seat with a 6" ground plane.
Com and 406 ELT antennas.
The ADSB antenna was mounted on the factory plate. I used a  Bendix/King certified blade antenna that I got for free.
All installed! Now it's time to have some fun hooking up all of the systems. I just ordered the Garmin G3X engine sensor kit yesterday.
Installing the engine.
Getting the engine out of the crate.
I installed a B&C 30 amp alternator on my engine before putting the engine on the mount.
Brake lines installed. I put my rudder on to find the travel limits of the rudder pedals and pulleys with the fire wall on before I could route the...
Fuel drain on belly. I kind of wished I painted this disc red, but black is fine. I will put the 1/4" drain line from the Dukes fuel pump out the FWD...
Reservoir drain flange and hose installed.
Fuselage with rudder installed for the first time since I painted it. It's starting to look like an airplane, not just a bunch of parts!